Essential Marketing Statistics for 2017
Marketing is crucial to success in today’s competitive business world.
How do you best market your particular products and services? How do you set yourself apart from your competition? How do you appeal to, attract, and retain clients and customers?
Entrepreneurs, managers and owners need to be on top of their marketing game in order to attract potential clients and customers. It is critical for them to — identify, anticipate, and satisfy — the requirements of their current and future clients and customers in a manner that will be profitable to them as a business.
If you are thinking about how to improve your marketing initiatives, here are some of the top statistics pertaining to grow your business in 2017:
To help you reach your goals in 2017, use these statistics to guide you.
- 84 percent of mobile advertisers believe they’re providing a positive experience. Less than half of consumers report their experience was positive. (Unlockd)
- We have reached the mobile tipping point: All new data consumption is coming from mobile (TechCrunch).
- Over a third of email subscribers read their newsletters exclusively on mobile devices (Informz).
- 61% of users are unlikely to return to a mobile site after a negative experience. 40% will go to a competitor’s site (MicKinsey & Company).
- Marketers receive an average of $6.85 in earned media value for every $1 spent on influencer marketing (AdWeek).
- Over 80% of marketing and communication professionals expect to begin an influencer marketing campaign within the year. (eMarketer).
- Influencer campaigns have proven effective for over 80% of marketers who have tried them (eMarketer).
- Customers acquired through word-of-mouth (such as influencer marketing) are retained at a 37% higher rate than those acquired through other means (Deloitte).
Social Media Marketing
- When social media is part of their buyer’s journey, customers tend to convert at a 129% higher rate. They are also four times as likely to spend significantly more than those without a social component (Deloitte).
- Reading or writing social media reviews and comments will influence the shopping behavior of 67% of consumers (PwC).
- The average internet user spends nearly two hours browsing social media networks daily (Telegraph UK).
- On average, brands only respond to only one out of eight social messages in 72 hours or fewer (Sprout Social).
- 73% of surveyed consumers found that content with a strong personality helps in forming loyal relationships (Econsultancy).
- Marketers who prioritize blogging are 13x more likely to realize a positive ROI (Socialemedia).
- 61% of the most successful content marketers have a documented strategy, while only 2% of the least successful have one (CMI).
- 85% of the most successful deliver content consistently (CMI).
- 87% of the most successful say they are able to quickly adjust their content marketing strategy (CMI).
- Email marketing was the top channel for increase in digital marketing spend over the last year, with 61% of marketers increasing their investment (Relevate).
- Personalized email messages improve click-through rates and conversions by over 10% (Aberdeen).
- The average CTR for email marketing across industries is 3.2% (IBM).
- Last year, the average ROI for email campaigns was 4,300% (Copyblogger).
- 55% of all emails are opened on mobile devices (emailmonday).
General Digital Marketing
- By 2019, video will account for 80% of global internet traffic, and 85% in the US (Cisco).
- The average CTR of display ads is .06% (HubSpot).
- The CTR for native ads is more than double regular display ads: .33% for mobile, .16% desktop (Business Insider).
- Users who are retargeted to are 70% more likely to convert (HubSpot).